Monday, October 1, 2007

The Great Hari Raya

Soon,the muslims will celebrate Hari Raya Aidilfitri on 13th Oktober(10 days to go).After fasting for 30 days,we are going to celebrate Hari Raya.Hari Raya is a big and cheerful occasion.When the celebration is near, my family and I will go back to the village situated in Kelantan Darul Naim.Along the journey,we can see the people busy tiding their houses.They also busy making traditional food such as ketupat,lemang and rendang for Hari Raya.Same like my methanol's family in Pasir Mas,we will gathered together and help each other to make a variety of biscuits for our guest.
One thing I regret is,this is the first time we will celebrate Hari Raya without my beloved grandmother.Wan Meriam.Shhe passed away 5 month ago.I think,after we perform Hari Raya prayers, we definitely visit her grave.
After that,we will ask the forgiveness from our family and relatives.Then we will eat breakfast together.The menu is nasi minyak kuzi,sate.rendang,ketupat,nasi impit,and Hari Raya biscuits.
Normally, youth will entertain our guest.We will make drinks for them and give them Hari Raya money.Sometimes,I also get this but since I already in form 2,the amaunt will decrease.

1 comment:

Sharifah Hassan said...

maternal-refers to mother's family
paternal-refers to father's side